Who We Are
We are Chichester City Colts Football Club (CCCFC) a local youth football club who have recently celebrated their 45-year anniversary have been established in 1977.
CCCFC is based in the Cathedral City of Chichester, the County Town of West Sussex
As a club we are proud to offer grass roots football to many local children offer Mini Teams (U7s – U10s), Junior Teams (U11s – U16s).
The club is completely staffed by volunteers on both the administrative and coaching side. The Club raises funds to operate through the following:
- Annual Memberships – these can be on a training only basis or on a training and match basis
- Sponsorship requests – these are often focussed towards match kit but can include additional items such as match and training equipment and training kit sponsorship
- Mini tournaments
Through the funds raised all members are provided with an official CCCFC training kit which includes of red training top, black shorts and red socks. We are proud to see many local children wearing this kit and often see our children wearing this at other football activities that they participate in such as after school clubs and coaching run by local clubs or their affiliated partners.
We also use the funds raised to ensure that we have the necessary facilities required for a grass roots football club to operate with a clear focus on ensuring that we provide a safe, professional and friendly environment for the development of youth football.
To support this all our managers, coaches and their assistants are required to have a satisfactory Disclosure and baring Service (DBS) check. We also assist managers in acquiring the FA Level 1 Certificate in Coaching Football Qualification. Managers and their assistants must also attend the Child Safeguarding workshops. These requirements are all funded by the club.
The club currently funds and operate 3 main training venues.
- Winter Training takes place at Chichester College’s and Chichester University Astro pitch with sessions running from Wednesday – Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings.
- Summer Training takes place at North Mundham playing fields, Fishbourne Centre and New Park Road
As a Club we play matches within the Arun & Chichester Youth League (ACYFL). Official match day is Sunday Morning’s and matches take place on Council pitches at New Park Road, Priory Park, Oakland’s Park, Sherbourne Road, North Mundham and the Fishbourne Centre.
As at the 2023/2024 Season CCCFC had the following teams registered and playing in the AFCYFL.
- U9 White
- U9 Red
- U10 White
- U10 Red
- U11 White
- U11 Red
- U11 Black
- U11 Blue
- U12 White
- U12 Red
- U12 Black
- U12 Blue
- U14 White
- U14 Red
We currently have approximately 250 players registered with our club.
Our match kit is white Shirts, Black Shorts & Red Socks. Most of our match kit is funded through kind sponsorship from local business and organisations.
At CCCFC our focus is on our core values of Respect, Fun and Inclusivity. Our values ensure we provide a safe grassroots environment for our youngsters to develop both as individuals and as young sports men and woman.
Our club ethos sets out how the club is run, following our core values of Respect, Fun and Inclusivity.
- To provide football to children of all ages and abilities, in a safe and friendly environment
- To deliver age-appropriate coaching to support long-term player development
- To encourage all players to try their best and make the most of their abilities
- To develop player decision making ability
- To offer a challenging but supportive environment where children can learn from their mistakes without undue pressure and anxiety
- To promote good behaviour and respect for others through our core values of Respect, Fun and Inclusivity
- We do not support winning at all costs
In addition to its Ethos the club have adopted the following:
CCCFC acknowledges its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of every child and young person who has been entrusted to its care and is committed to working to provide a safe environment for all members. A child or young person is anyone under the age of 18 engaged in any club football activity. We subscribe to The Football Association’s (The FA) Safeguarding Children – Policy and Procedures and endorse and adopt the Policy Statement contained in that document.
Respect’ is The FA’s programme of activities to combat unacceptable behaviour in our game at every level. We all have a responsibility to promote high standards of behaviour in the game.
Chichester City Colts is supporting the FAs Respect programme to ensure football can be enjoyed in a safe, positive environment.
Remember children’s football is a time for them to develop their technical, physical, tactical and social skills. Winning isn’t everything.
Play your part and observe The FA’s Respect Code of Conduct for spectators and parents/carers at all times.